- Profile or Account
- Account Number and Account not Found
- Credit and Debit Card Payments
- Updating or Removing Card Information
- Other ways to pay
- Receipts and Payment Processing Time
- Payment Dates
- Refunds and Account Balance
- Removing an Account
- Updating Account Information
- Questions about the Program or Service
- Auto Payments by Credit Card or Bank Withdrawal
- Payment Plans
- eBill – Paperless Invoicing
- Forgot Password or Forgot Security Answer and Locked Out
- Registration, Login, Changing Your Email Address
- Browsers, Laptop and Mobile Devices
1. Profile or Account
- When you register on Billing & Payment Services, you create a Profile that stores your email address, online payments, credit cards (optional), and provides a central place to access the Accounts this website serves.
- Your Profile Login ID is the email address you used when you registered. You can only have one email address on your profile. You can change your address in Profile Information.
- Your Account is a program account number, such as your MSP or Student Loan account, or a number used for invoicing outstanding fees, for example, an ambulance service or court fine. Your Account Number is displayed on your invoice.
2. Account Number and Account not Found
- The invoices accepted on this website display a Revenue Services of British Columbia logo. The account number is at the top of the invoice. All account invoice numbers begin with an X and are 12 characters in length. You must enter the X in the account number field.
- For MSP, the account number will begin with X36 – note that the account number is not your Personal Health Number. See a sample invoice.
- MSP Group Plan Payments - accounts beginning with X34, are not accepted through this website.
- For Ambulance Services, Court Fines, and Student Loans – if your bill is not overdue, your payment options may be different, and your invoice account number will not have an X. Please check the Program Page Directory for links to other ways to pay.
- The account type must match the program. If you are sure you have the correct account number, check that you have selected the correct Account Type in the dropdown above the account number field.
3. Credit and Debit Card Payments
- Bank debit cards and Interac are not yet accepted for payment. We accept Mastercard and Visa debit and credit, and American Express credit cards.
- Payments are transacted in Canadian currency and may appear on your statement as Revenue Services BC.
- There is no additional fee or service charge for using the payment services.
- The name on the credit card does not need to match the name on the invoice or account that you are paying – you can make a credit card payment for someone else’s account.
- Errors or Overpayment - If you made an error with your payment, please contact us.
4. Updating or Removing Card Information
Expired card, card name changes and card updates:
- You can update your card expiry date in your profile under Payment Methods (click on your name in the top right after you log in).
- Updating your card information will automatically update any Auto Payments associated to that card.
- If your need to change the name on your card, or the card number, please remove the card and add it again as a new card with the new infomrmation. For your security we don't store the full card information and so only the expiry date can be updated for a saved card.
- You can save up to 5 credit cards.
Removing a card from your profile cancels any Auto Payments associated to that card.
- Note that canceling Auto Payments does not cancel your account with the program, you are still responsible for any outstanding balance, address or enrollment changes or other requirements by the Program or Service.
5. Other ways to pay
- Check the Program or Service Page under Directory for links to other payment information about the Program – addresses for mailing a cheque, paying at your bank, etc.
- Auto Payments (pre-authorized monthly payments by credit card or bank withdrawal) – you can set these up yourself online for your MSP account.
- Other programs may allow Auto Payments, but have not yet enabled self-serve access through the website. Contact us to see if you can set up Auto Payments with a Customer Service Agent.
6. Receipts and Payment Processing Time
- Your payment must first be processed before you will see a change to your account balance.
- It can take up to 3 business days for a payment to be processed and update your account balance, depending on how the payment was made. If more than 3 business days have passed, and your payment has not posted, please refer to your financial institution/credit card provider to ensure the payment was made to the correct account, otherwise contact us.
- When you are logged in, your Account History keeps a record of the payments you made on this website. Your credit card statement will also record the payment.
7. Payment Dates
- The due date is shown on your invoice, and, if your account is verified, the due date is displayed on the Account Detail page available from the Accounts Section.
- Some payment types take longer to process, please make your payment 3-5 days before the due date to ensure that the payment is processed by the due date.
- Future dated credit card payments are not available at this time. Credit card payments will be charged on the current date.
- You can prepay your account any time. New charges will be taken first from any remaining credit balance.
8. Refunds and Account Balance
- Your account balance is on your invoice. If the program or service allows verified access to your account, once you verify, you can see the account balance on the Account Detail page. Link to your Account Details from the Accounts Section.
- The account balance shown on the website is as of that day. It will not include any pending payments or recent transactions that haven't yet been posted.
- If your account balance is not what you expect, recent transactions or changes may not yet have been processed. Recent payments can take up to 3 business days to process and may not yet be posted to your account. If you set up Auto Payments, the first payment may still be in the future and will include any outstanding balance from the previous month.
- For refunds and to discuss account credits, please call or contact us by email at RevenueServicesBC@gov.bc.ca with your account number, full name, current mailing address and daytime phone number.
9. Removing an Account
- Removing an Account from your Profile does not cancel your Account. You are still responsible for any outstanding balance, address or enrollment changes or other requirements by the Program or Service.
- Remove an Account by using the link on the Account Detail page in the Account Holder Details section at the bottom of the page. The Account will no longer appear in your Accounts Summary.
10. Updating Account Information
Please update your name, address, telephone number and other program-specific information through the program or service. Check the Program page in the Directory for a link to more information provided by the program or service.
The Program or Service may allow contact information updates from these services:
- Existing Biller Direct subscribers with BCeID – (BCeID requires in person proof of identity for registration)
- MSP Account Change Request
- Service BC - for assistance with all programs and services
11. Questions about the Program or Service
- If you have questions about programs or services, for example coverage, eligibility, plans, health care, claims, ticket disputes or student loan applications, please check the Program page in the Directory for a links to more information provided by the program or service.
12. Auto Payments by Credit Card or Bank Withdrawal
- Please see the Auto Payments page for more information about pre-authorized monthly payments from your bank account or credit card.
- Recurring credit card payments or automatic bank withdrawals may be available for your account, but will need a Customer Service Agent to set it up. Please contact us at Revenue Services of British Columbia.
- To stop future Auto Payments, go to your Account from the Accounts Section and click Change in the Auto Payment box and then follow the prompts to confirm Stop future payments.
13. Payment Plans
- If you are unable to pay your invoice in full, please contact us at Revenue Services of British Columbia to discuss payment arrangements with an Agent.
- If you are on a payment plan, you will not be able to set up Auto Payments through the website. Please contact us for help with changes to your payment plan and setting up automatic payments.
14. eBill – Paperless Invoicing
- Please see the eBill page for more information about paperless invoice notifications.
- Please contact us if you are unable to open your invoice from your Account Detail page.
15. Forgot Password, or Forgot Security Answer and Locked Out
- For your security and privacy, we have implemented BC Government standards for passwords, account verification and account access to prevent hacking attempts. If you try to log in with an incorrect password, you will be temporarily locked out on the 4th attempt. You can try again after the time has elapsed.
- Forgotten Passwords – if you do not remember your password, click the Forgot Password link on the Login page.
- On the Reset Your Password page, you will see an image with numbers. Enter the numbers into the field provided.
- You will then be asked the security question you chose when you registered, and then emailed a link to Reset Your Password.
- You can not use the same password twice.
- Security Question – if you do not remember the answer to your security question, please keep trying.
- For your security, after the 3rd incorrect security answer, you will also see an image of numbers, please enter the numbers you see in the image in the field below. This helps to prevent unauthorized robot attempts to guess your security answer.
- You will not be locked out after multiple attempts.
- If you will not be able to remember your answer, contact us to get a temporary password. We will need to call you to give you a temporary password and ask you some information about your registration.
16. Registration, Login, Changing Your Email Address
- If you didn't receive an email to verify the email address you used to register, you may have registered with an incorrect email address, please register again.
- You can change your Login Email ID in your Profile. Note that you can have only one email address on your profile. Any eBill notifications are sent to this email address.
- Your Login ID and Billing & Payment Services profile do not expire.
17. Browsers, Laptop and Mobile Devices
- For your security, the website uses the most recent version of Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, and Edge (for Windows 10).
- You can use the website on your laptop, desktop, smart phone or tablet. There is no separate App available in Play Store or App Store.
- For mobile devices, supported operating systems are: the most recent versions of Safari and Chrome on iOS 5.0.2 and Android 5.0.
Online payments are processed by systems incorporating the high levels of security used by the banking industry today. Some of the features being used to protect your transaction include:
- 128-bit TLS encryption*
- Industrial-strength firewalls
- Stringent internal security access procedures
- Constant monitoring of all internal systems to ensure there have been no security attacks or attempts
- Secure communications line between the ministry and the transaction processing site
* 128-bit TLS encryption works by scrambling all of the information sent between your computer and the server across the internet, for those who have enabled this feature in their browser.