You must read and agree to these Terms to use the Billing & Payment Services website:
Personal Information Collection Notice
2. The User's information is collected by the Province pursuant to section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (British Columbia) for the purpose of allowing the User to make a payment through the Revenue Services of British Columbia (RSBC) Billing & Payment Services website. Any questions regarding the collection of the User’s Information may be directed to: Policy Analyst, Receivables Management Office, PO Box 9445 Stn Prov Govt, Victoria BC V8W 9V5 (telephone: 1-866-329-9899) Email: RMOPOLRS@gov.bc.ca. The User’s Information is used and disclosed in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (British Columbia).
3. The User must not use the website in any way that would jeopardize the security, integrity and/or availability of the website. Without limiting the general nature of the foregoing sentence, the User must not:
- use the website for any unlawful or inappropriate purpose;
- tamper with any portion of the website;
- input or upload to the website any information which contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs or other computer programming routines that may damage or interfere with the performance or function of the website;
- use the website to conduct hacking and/or intrusion activities;
- attempt to circumvent or subvert any security measure associated with the website;
- attempt to collect any information about other Users of the website or take any action that might reasonably be construed as likely to adversely affect other Users of the website; or
- remove or alter any proprietary symbol or notice, including any copyright notice, trade-mark or logo displayed in connection with the website and/or Services.
4. The Province reserves the right at any time, in its sole discretion and without prior notice to
Users, to do any or all of the following:
- make changes to the website;
- deny the User access to the website;
- discontinue the website or any Service; and
Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer
7. In addition to the Province’s general Limitations of Liabilities, you agree that to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, under no circumstances will the Province be liable to any individual or entity for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or other loss, claim, injury or damage, whether foreseeable or unforeseeable (including without limitation claims for damages for loss of profits or business opportunities, use of or inability to use the website or any Service, interruptions, deletion or corruption of files, loss of programs or information, errors, defects or delays) arising out of or in any way connected with a User’s use of the website or any Service and whether based on contract, tort, strict liability or any other legal theory.
8. The website is provided “as is”. The User’s use of the website is entirely at the User’s own risk.
In addition to the Province’s general Warranty Disclaimer, the Province makes no representations or warranties that:
- the User’s use of the website will be timely, uninterrupted or error free;
- any errors in the website will be corrected; or
- the website will meet Users’ expectations and requirements.
- “Website” means, collectively, the Site and the Services.
- “Province” means Her Majesty the Queen in Right of the Province of British Columbia, as represented by the Minister of Finance.
- “Service or Services” means the services accessible to Users through the website, including payments, account information, subscriptions, notifications, forms distribution and submission and invoicing.
- “Site” means the Revenue Services of BC Billing & Payment Services website, which provides Users with secure, consolidated access to the Services.
- “User” means an individual who registers with a unique Login ID and is granted access to the website and, in the case of an individual who is under the age of 19, includes the individual’s parent or guardian.
- “Login ID” means a unique identification (email address), which represents each and every identification number or credential assigned or approved by the Province and permits the User to access the website.